Gone are the days when marketers just had the option to rely on image-based advertisement campaigns. With an influx of video-related content and their rising popularity on social media platforms like Instagram (Reels) and TikTok, video-based advertisements are now more critical than ever. As a result, marketing experts all over the world are incorporating videos into their campaigns.
Why is Video Marketing Important?
Video marketing is now playing a central role in digital marketing due to its innate storytelling ability. Here’s why we think it’s high time you must adopt it for higher returns:
1. Consumers Are More Likely to Purchase Goods and Services That Are Represented by a Video
According to studies, 64-85% of the customers are more likely to invest in your products and services if a video advertisement represents them. This statistic alone makes video marketing a viable and essential element for your business’s success.
2. Business Professionals Are Likely to Investigate the Products They Are Interested in through Video Advertisements
Another study has made an impressive claim stating that around 75% of business professionals like to watch promotional videos of different brands to find out more about the products they are interested in.
A large section of these videos is found through YouTube advertisements. Half of the professionals and consumers who watch these ads are likely to visit the business’s website to explore the product.
Similarly, sharing video advertisements on social media platforms for promotion can be an excellent strategy as most mainstream applications have altered their algorithm to favour short video posts.
3. Shorter Videos Are More Likely to Attract a Customer’s Attention than Image Posts
You might find it hard to believe, but consumers tend to favour short videos over image posts. Many studies believe that this behaviour is because they can perform some other task while watching a video, not the case with image content. Your marketing strategy should be taking advantage of this recent affliction towards video content and establish a global reach.
Getting Started with Video Marketing
Let’s face it – video marketing isn’t a hack that you can plug in and reap all the rewards. To make sure that your content stands out, you have to do it right. Here’s what you can do to make your video marketing campaign a greater success even if you have a constrained budget:
1. Use a Smartphone – You don’t need to spend any extra income on buying DSLR cameras. Nowadays, mobile cameras are good enough for creating videos for YouTube. All you need to do is, have a good script ready to enlighten the customers about your product(s) or service(s).
2. Flaunt Your Product through Demo Videos – Demo videos need to be short, educational, and informative about the kinds of products and services you are offering. They help consumers reach a decision faster and more effectively.
3. Get on the Social Media Bandwagon – Don’t just stick to mainstream video applications like YouTube. TikTok videos and Instagram reels are a great way to put your message across. YouTube shorts are also an excellent way to reach a wider base of customers.
4. Post Interesting How-to Videos – Video marketing shouldn’t just be limited to your products and services. You can post instructional and educational videos that are relevant to your industry. It’s all about increasing your interaction and engagement with your customers. If you keep posting interesting and relevant videos, the chances are that consumers will follow your business just for that.
5. Post Customer Testimonial Videos – Customer testimonial videos are a great way to increase brand credibility. With so many options available in the market, you need to stand out of the crowd. Consumers research a lot about the product(s)/ service(s) they are interested in before deciding. The testimonial videos are a great way to convince customers that your products and services enjoy a competitive advantage.
Benefits of Video Marketing
We have discussed the many factors that make video marketing an essential addition to your advertising campaign. As consumer behaviour continues to evolve, short promotional videos are capturing customer attention.
To sum up, here are some of the major benefits of video marketing:
- Videos give more exposure and increased engagement with customers.
- They increase a customer’s understanding of the business’s product(s)/ service(s).
- It helps rank the content higher on SERP by driving relevant search traffic.
- Video content is visible for longer periods on social feeds.
- They are one of the most effective mediums for sales pitches.
- Short videos are trending across the internet.
You need to be highly creative while adopting video marketing strategies, and each of your videos should uniquely represent your brand message. To put it this way, you have to post videos that appeal to the masses and are short, interesting, and engaging.
That being said, video content provides the best return on investment in terms of engagement and traction. So, equipping your marketing team with video and social media experts would be an excellent way to kick start your digital marketing endeavours.